Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Short Story lines - MC mix assessment


For those in need of a refresher, this was the assessment from week one's mix.  
 
Choose one line to begin your story, and another to end it.  

“She was a really cool kisser and she wasn’t all that strict of a Christian”
“She said, ‘You’re pretty good with words, but words won’t save your life.’  And they didn’t, so he died.”

“My father - you bear the weight on your shoulders, why do you do this to yourself?” 
“Just lighten up the load a little bit, don’t be so hard on yourself, and give yourself a little credit.”

“If I ever want to drive myself insane, all I have to do is watch you breathing”
“And the old voice crackled through the static, and I felt young and alive”

“How I don’t know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you.  How you don’t know where you should look, so you look at my hands.”
“No one force on earth could be weaker than the feeble strength of one like me, remembering the way it could have been”

“They say they want you successful, but then they make it stressful.  You start keeping pace, they start changing up the tempo.” 
“They think ‘Illegal’s” a synonym for ‘negro.’”

“If every angel’s terrible, then why do you welcome them?”
“Well, the flowers have no scent and the child’s been miscarried”

“So why you pushin’ it? Why you lyin’ for?”
“What's-her-face told me you shot this kid last week in the park, that's a lie, you was in church with your moms.”

“I feel Jesus in the clumsiness of young and awkward lovers”
“I’ve had kisses that make Judas seem sincere”

1 comment:

  1. Charlie, I can't wait to see what you come up with for this assignment. I'm very eager!

    ReplyDelete